After mutually agreeing with Football Canada on cancelling the plans to host the event in Canada, IFAF is reopening the application process to host and organize the
2nd IFAF Women’s World Championship 2013
- August 15, 2012: Formal application together with an application fee of 500 Euros
Applications must include a minimum of the following points:
- Application letter indicating which tournament applicant wishes to host
- Application fee of 500 Euros
- Signed hosting contract
- Hosting concept
- Host city and international airport
- Game venues
- Practise venues
- Local transportation plan
- Host Broadcaster (*)
- Environmental plan
- Hosting concept of IFAF Congress
(*) All games must be produced at a minimum through an internet feed.
Applications may not include personal benefits to IFAF executives or other promises not directly involving the competition in question.
Minimum Hosting Requirements
Local Organizing Committee (LOC) will provide the following:
- Residence and lodging for the (45 players + 15 coaches/staff) for the participating
- Federations/Associations for the time of their stay in the hosting country starting with the evening of the day of arrival and ending with breakfast on the day of departure.
- Bus transportation to and from the nearest international airport to the hosting city, Bus transportation to and from the hotel to game venues.
- Organization of the stadium.
- Advertising and public relations.
- Residence and lodging for referees (no per diem).
- Pay a sanction fee to IFAF of 5,000 Euros (minimum).
- Conference room for 2-3 days for IFAF Congress including lunch.
- IFAF Congress Dinner.
- Airport pick-up service for IFAF member federation representatives.
In return the host receives all income from ticket sales, local sponsorship revenue, catering and marketing according to the IFAF regulations.
There remains the option to charge accommodation costs to the participants.
The IFAF Executive Committee expects to have a tournament based on minimum of six (6) teams.
The decision on the hosting country will be taken by the IFAF Executive Board of Directors latest in September 2012.
Special financial policy for Women’s Tournaments
At the first edition of the Women’s World Championship the participating teams paid their own accommodation costs. IFAF will still accept valid applications, which include this policy, but prefer applicants to offer to pay for the accommodation of the participants.
Remark on the deposit
The deposit will be kept by IFAF as application fee. The applicant can use in the application phase the wording: “Official applicant city of IFAF Women’s World Championship 2013”.
Remark on the sanction fee
The sanction fee has to be paid for the right to host and organize the tournament. The sanction fee is a separate fee from application fee.